Bold dark red lipstick is so on trend right now. If you want to channel your inner Bad Gal RiRi, follow this simple tutorial for achieving a perfect vampy pout that will last all day.
1. Exfoliate lips to remove dead skin. A simple sugar scrub will make a world of difference in the color payoff of the lipstick. For extra exfoliation, use a soft-bristle toothbrush to get extra soft lips.
2. Moisturize the lips to ensure a smooth application. Dark red lip colors, especially those with matte formulas, are prone to flaking. Moisturized lips will help to prevent flaking.
3. Prime the lips with your favorite foundation or concealer. This will give you an even color all over the lips.
4. Line the lips to prevent the lipstick from smudging or bleeding outside the line of the lips.
5. Apply the lipstick. You can apply it straight from the tube or use a lipstick brush for extra precision.
What you need: