When it comes to fragrances, I will admit, I am not very loyal. With the exception of Tom Ford Black Orchid, which I wear at night, my day scents are in constant rotation, there is always something new and nicer smelling. I literally avoid the fragrance departments in case my senses get enticed by a new scent. For me, it’s important to first buy samples in small dials and ‘try out’ before wholly committing to an expensive 250+ml bottle.
Below is a short break down of my current faves;
- Jo Malone, Nutmeg and Ginger – Notes: Ginger, nutmeg and sandalwood – I received this little bottle as a gift and find it perfect for cold winter days. It’s fresh, clean and SPICY, I especially dig spicy. I had a co-worker ask me what I was wearing twice when I had it on, that said, she must have asked me in the AM because it has poor longevity.
- Le Labo, Santal 33 - Notes: Sandalwood, violet and leather – Unisex scent that is absolutely divine. I had read some “dill” references to it before buying, but once I tried it, there was no turning back. The sillage can be a bit overwhelming at first, but the drydown takes me to a really good place. Bonus, it last all day.
- Avon, Rare Gold- Notes: Ylang-Ylang and Bergamot - I need to order another bootle of this magical stuff. I go throught it the fastest. I feel very comfortable wearing this white floral, sweet scent, which makes me think of old hollywood glamour. I put this on and I want to wear red lipstick. It’s weird because I think it’s a mature scent, something I’ll probably still wear when I’m older.
- Tom Ford, Champaca Absolute - Notes: Cognac, bergamot, jasmine and vanilla - Another unisex, this one is bold (duh no surprise this is Tom Ford we’re talking about) and has so many layers to it. When I tried it for the first time, it was like my olfactory senses went on a journey, one note unfolding after another throughout the day. The sillage is close and the longevity is at least 7 hours. This if my second fave TF fragrance, first being Black Orchid.
- Creed, Love in White- Notes: Orange zest from southern spain - Floral, feminine and fun. My friend wears Creed’s Spring Flower and she made me want to smell like pretty flowers, but I went with this one because it smelled better on me. I also tend to gravitate to vanilla base notes. The sillage is heavy so you don’t need to use a lot and the longevity is incredible.
Phew, and that’s it folks, have a lovely day.